SLO Bike Kitchen
|This page appears to be a community bicycle organization which fails to meet the current standard for such an article. Don't feel bad if you created this page, the standard may have changed since you last modified it but please help by editing the article.|
|This article is a stub. Please help bikecollectives.org by expanding it.|
SLO Bike Kitchen
Founded in 2008. Educational shop with an extensive collection of tools and an organized work area. Funded on a donation basis, we accept bikes and parts which will then be available to the public for use. We ask for quite a small donation for using the facility and for the used parts. People without funds may use the facility, this is evaluated on a cases by case basis, often on a work trade basis. We are currently staffed by volunteers plus one Americorps Member serving as the program coordinator (as of May 2011).
See website for details.
Hours and Location
SLO Bike Kitchen is located at 860 Pacific St, Suite 105, San Luis Obispo, California At the corner of Morro and Pacific St in downtown San Luis Obispo!
- Sunday Noon-4pm
- Wednesday 4-7pm
- Thursday 4-7pm
- Volunteer Orientation, First Monday of the Month, 5-6pm
- Volunteer-Only Worktime, Second Monday of the month, 4-7pm
- Ladies' Only Night, EVERY LAST MONDAY of the month, 4-7pm (SUSPENDED as of July 2011)
Our current wishlist (as of June 2011):
- 700c wheels in working condition
- 6-8 speed shifter pods (mountain bike style)
- 12" hacksaw blades (for cutting metal, medium and fine)
- V-Brake noodles
- 6-10mm box wrenches
- Adjustable wrenches, especially large ones (12"+)
- Pliers, side cutters, housing cutters
- General Information