Bike!Bike es una reunión internacional anual organizada por y para personas involucradas en proyectos comunitarios alrededor de la bicicleta. Normalmente se realiza en persona en una ciudad diferente cada año, pero la pandemia de la COVID-19 atoró los planes de la comunidad. En 2021, Bike!Bike!En todas partes! se realizó completamente en línea. Fue un espacio virtual donde entusiastas de la bicicleta pudieron compartir sus experiencias acerca de una variedad de temas como manejo de la pandemia, enseñanza, mecánica, impacto social, mejor acceso a las bicicletas, diversidad y más.
Si te interesa presentar un proyecto/iniciativa que tú o tu organización están realizando, o impartir un taller para compartir nuevas habilidades, o dirigir una conversación relativa a las bicicletas y la comunidad, o algo similar registraté auí
Esperamos conocerles, aprender de ustedes y construir redes juntxs <3
El Comité Organizador de B!B!E!
Bike!Bike! is an international yearly gathering organized by and for people who engage in bicycle advocacy and bicycle community projects. Usually, it is hosted in person in a different city every year but the pandemic threw a wrench in our community’s annual plans. In 2021, Bike!Bike!Everywhere! was hosted online and was a virtual space where bicycle enthusiasts could share their experiences relating to a variety of topics, such as pandemic management, teaching, mechanics, social impact, better access to bicycles, diversity and more.
If you’re interested in presenting a project/initiative that you or your organization is doing, or leading a workshop to share some new skills you learned, or want to lead a discussion on a topic relating to bicycles and community, or anything similar to this register here!
We’re looking forward to meeting up with, learning from, and building networks with you <3
B!B!E! Organizing Committee
Bike Collective Network
The mission of the Bike Collective Network is to strengthen and encourage communication and resource sharing between existing and future community bike shops. Collectively we can improve a bigger wheel as opposed to re-inventing smaller ones.
This wiki is here to help bike collectives collaborate and share ideas. Whether you are an advocate, mechanic, or just someone who likes to ride -- anyone can freely edit the content of this site. A history of all changes ensures that nothing is lost.
Lists of Organizations
- List of Community Bicycle Organizations
- List of International Bicycle Aid Organizations
- List of Orgs Now Hiring
Just starting out? Looking to expand? Before you do anything crazy, start planning! Set clear goals and the path to meeting those goals will also become clear. Follow hundreds of similar organizations by using and contributing to these free online resources...
- Starting a Community Bike Shop
- Organizational Models
- Legal Filings
- Strategic Planning
- Over 300 examples of Community Bicycle Organizations and International Bicycle Aid Organizations.
- Teaching Resources
- Common Activities:
- Community Bike Shop: Providing bicycle tools, parts, used bikes and mechanical expertise to the public.
- Earn-a-Bike: Programs that allow people to literally earn a bike through learning or volunteer work, sometimes focused exclusively on youth.
- Valet Bike Parking: Providing corralled areas where volunteers watch your bike while you enjoy an event.
- Safety Education: The League of American Bicyclists has a nicely pre-packaged program called Smart Cycling which includes a Bike Rodeo Kit.
- Mechanical Training: Park Tool has a nicely pre-packaged program called the Park Tool School. See below for suggested Maintenance_Classes.
- Helmet Distribution
- Bicycle Art: Following Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle old bikes and parts are turned into works of art.
- Bicycle Advocacy: Many Community Bicycle Organizations concentrate on the grass roots elements of educating and getting people on bikes. However some organizations, or at least some of their members, are also involved in traditional bicycle advocacy.
- Women and Trans Night: Encouraging more women and trans people to get involved and learn in a comfortable space.
- Commercial Bike Racks: Providing outdoor bike racks and installation local businesses and cities.
- Organization Building Resources:
- Alliance for Walking and Biking contributed to this wiki
- How to find, start, or improve a bike program by bikes not bombs
- Suggestions for starting your own community bike shop (in Spanish): http://lafabricicleta.blogspot.com/p/un-taller-en-tu-barrio.html
Community Bike Shop
Providing bicycle tools, parts, used bikes and mechanical expertise to the public.
- Bike and Part Donations: acquisition, sorting and re-sale. Shop Manual.
- Shop Location
- Staffing: paid, volunteer or both.
- Shop Organization
- Shop Recycling
- Volunteer Handbook
- Tool lists
- Capital Improvement Plans
- Proper Bike Fit
- Maintenance Classes
- Bike!Bike! is an annual international conference of nonprofit bike collectives and other bicycle projects.
- Youth Bike Summit is organized by Recycle-a-Bicycle in New York City every year.
- List of all known previous events