(Redirected from Local Bike Shops)
Local Bike Stores (LBS) are your friends -- not your competitors or enemies, you are complimentary services. It is very important to think this way so that they think this way too.
Things to Remember
- Your LBS can give you all their old parts and unclaimed bikes. Sometimes they can even drop them off.
- Your LBS can provide you with a cost + 10% parts source until you get your own distributor accounts.
- Your LBS can refer people to the community bike shop when they can't afford normal repairs or bikes.
- Your LBS has great mechanics that could also be great volunteers and/or teachers.
- You can refer people to your LBS when they are looking for nicer bikes or parts.
- You can refer future LBS employees from your volunteers. Become their training resource.
- You serve different income demographics, therefore you are not competing with your LBS for the same customers.
- You can compliment the LBS products with your educational and informational programs to offer the total cycling solution.
- National Bicycle Dealers Association (NBDA) - The Trade Association of Specialty Bicycle Retailers.