(Redirected from Mission Statement)
A mission statement is a formal, short, written statement of the purpose of a company or organization. The mission statement should guide the actions of the organization, spell out its overall goal, provide a sense of direction, and guide decision-making.
We are a cooperative cycling center dedicated to making the use of bicycles as transportation and fun possible for all members of the Bozeman community.
The Community Bicycle Center (CBC) facilitates youth development programs that equip youth living in Biddeford and surrounding communities with life skills, physical health, mentoring, and asset-building experiences. We use hands-on bicycle maintenance, cycling, and community service activities to develop thriving attitudes, behaviors, and skills in participants. Staff and volunteers are guided by our vision of engaging people of all ages and backgrounds in experiences to improve their well being through bicycle experiences.
Community Cycles in Boulder Colorado
Community Cycles (CC) is a non-profit organization of bicycle enthusiasts whose mission is to educate and advocate for the safe use of bicycles as an affordable, viable and sustainable means of transportation and personal enjoyment within our community.
CC provides re-cycled bikes and a welcoming space to learn about bicycle repair, maintenance and operation through outreach and advocacy activities.
- We promote the bicycle as appropriate and powerful technology
- We recognize bicycling as a means to increase community and quality of life
- We uphold the power of cyclists to transform the individual and the community
- We advocate environmental preservation and conservation by encouraging the use of the bicycle as a sustainable form of transportation and recreation
- We strive to increase bicycling as a form of recognized not just “alternative transportation”
- We provide access to tools and knowledge regarding bicycles to anyone in the community regardless of race, color, national origin, spiritual belief, age, gender, sexual orientation and physical ability
- We embrace the diversity of people through cycling as well as encourage partnership among the different local cycling populations
- We commit to providing a long-term programing to further the above values
Website: The Davis Bicycle Collective is a volunteer-run nonprofit community bicycle organization. We provide a public D.I.Y. shop where folks share tools, skills, and knowledge about bike maintenance and repair. We accept donations of used bicycles and parts from the community and, in turn, make used parts available for anyone else to build or repair a bicycle. We ask all patrons to contribute financially to the cooperative shop, but we don't turn anyone away for lack of funds. Our aim is to empower confident and committed cyclists through education and community building, and to encourage more cyclists by making bikes and bike maintenance, fun, safe and accessible for everyone.
By-laws: Section 3.1 General Purpose
The Corporation is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. It is organized under the Nonprofit Corporation Law of California (“California Nonprofit Corporation Law”) for educational purposes.
Section 3.2 Specific Purpose
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing general purpose, the specific purposes of this Corporation are to: (1) provide the community a low-cost resource that provides the knowledge and tools necessary to maintain, repair, and safely operate their various forms of human-powered transportation, (2) promote personal and community empowerment through education, (3) create a space to promote sustainable practices including recycling, maintenance, and repair.
So excited I found this article as it made things much qicuekr!
- To empower people to maintain their own bicycle and provide accessible learning opportunities for all levels of ability.
- To re-use old bicycle parts to keep environmental and financial costs low, thereby keeping useful resources from going to landfill.
- To promote cycling as a safe, viable and cheap transport option.
- To help marginal or under represented groups who cycle to feel comfortable with their bikes and the space so they can in turn help others.
- To use established co-operative structures to ensure sustainability and continuity of service. We are not-for profit and any profits will go back into the project.
The mission of the Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective is to promote cycling as an effective and sustainable form of transportation and as a cornerstone of a cleaner, healthier, and safer society. The Bicycle Collective provides refurbished bicycles and educational programs to the community, focusing on children and lower income households.
The Flat is a collective that works to encourage cycling through the sharing of knowledge and tools.
The Flat Bike Collective seeks to…
Make bicycling more accessible by
- sharing repair facilities and knowledge
- offering workshops to persons of all skill levels
- reducing the costs of bike maintenance
Providing a welcoming environment by
- recognizing the existence of power imbalances
- encouraging dialogue and diversity of opinion
- confronting discriminatory actions and words
- making decisions by consensus
Minimize our environmental impact by
- recycling and reusing parts
- promoting cycling as a viable mode of transportation
Promote a greater sense of community by
- making our resources available to groups on and off campus
- supporting bike-related projects and events
- collaborating with other bike organizations
The Bike Depot supports health and active living by increasing access to bicycles, promoting safe, bike-friendly environments and advocating for policies that promote bicycle access and use.
The SLO Bike Kitchen in San Luis Obispo, California is a program of the SLO County Bicycle Coalition, a 501(c)3 non-profit bicycle advocacy organization. The kitchen reinforces the Coalition's goal of transforming "San Luis Obispo County into a safer and more livable community by promoting cycling and walking for everyday transportation." by providing assistance with the machine side of cycling.
Our goals are to:
- Provide education about the mechanical aspects of bicycling
- Build camaraderie within the community through our "do it with others" style
- Provide an outlet for all those used parts sitting in people's garages
- Act as an environmental steward within the community (recycling, reuse, ...)
- Enable people to have a happy experience on their bicycle
- Assist people in having a safe(r) time riding their bicycle
- Provide a collection of bicycle tools available to the community at little or no cost