Jump to content
SLCBC BikeEd and Manufacturers Proposal
- SLCBC and The League partner with Specialized to bring BikeEd to bike shop customers.
- Specialized (or other manufacturer) gives their dealers a coupon to accompany new bike sales. There are a couple ways to do this, but when this coupon is stamped by an LCI verifying that the holder completed a Road I course they can then bring it back to the original dealer for a certain amount of Specialized gear. This will bring customers back in their door armed with the knowledge of what gear they need. Perhaps Specialized will then reimburse stores for completed certificates.
- The League rolls out a BikeEd mini-course for shop staff/ownership. This course will cover the basics of BikeEd, what will be taught to the customers that take Road I, and how to sell them the products that will be highlighted within the Road I course. This mini-course will also be a way for local LCIs to become acquainted with their local shops.
- Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective will pilot this program.
- There will be a media push to show how Specialized, local shops, SLCBC and the League are working together.
- Ideally, more manufacturers will sign on.