[Updated: July 2020]
Angel York learned to ride a bike in ~1989, joined the Bike Collectives Think Tank Listserv in 2009 and this wiki in 2011. Wiki Administrator with access to backend.
Bike Collectives volunteered or worked for include
Bike Collectives visited include
- Salt Lake Bike Collective (including getting dragged to one of their formative meetings at the Coffee Garden) 2002, I think. Oh hey, their wiki page corroborates my date. Plus a few visits in its current main location.
- One of the ones in New Orleans, probably. If any of them existed in 2005. I was so impressed by the place, so it must have been. Confirmed! Described it to someone and they confirmed that it was the one that is apparently no longer there.
- Bike Church in Santa Cruz both at its original location on Church Street and its current home: 2005-2007
- (The former) Davis Bike Church, 2008
- Assorted visits to the Sacramento Bike Kitchen circa 2010
- Bikerowave in Los Angeles for Bici Bici, 2012
- Bike Kitchen in San Francisco, 2014
- Our Community Bikes in Vancouver, 2014
- New York Mechanical Gardens Bike Coop in NYC, 2017
Bike life outside of bike collectives
- Participated in the World's Largest Bicycle Parade 2008 Attempt
- Rode Whymcycles in a Picnic Day Parade, probably 2009?
- Served on the City of Davis Bicycle Advisory Commission, 2008-2011
- Occasional volunteer with Davis Bicycles!, 2009-2012
- Worked the front desk @ Pedal Bike Tours, 2014
- Volunteering at or for Sunday Parkways, 2014 -2016
- Completed NACTO Urban Street Design Guide Training and volunteered at the BTA Active Transportation Summit, 2015
- PSU Traffic and Transportation Course sponsored by PBOT, 2015
- Bike Loud PDX Treasurer, 2015
- Portland Summer Bike Count, 2014-2017. In 2014 I won "Board Certified" for most skateboarders counted at a single site. Their end-of-season awards are a super-entertaining read. Participated in their first 24-hour bike count.
- Spinlister profile
- Organized Portsmouth Parkways, a Pedalpalooza ride in 2016 & 2017
- Portlanders for Parking Reform (aka Portland Shoupistas) - Treasurer, 2016 - 2019
- Portsmouth Neighborhoood Association - Transportation Chair, 2017
- Go By Bike Bike Valet, 2016 - 2019
- Host on Warm Showers 2019
Bike tours longer than a few days, all on recumbents
- Florida to California with Aaron Wickstrom, 2005
- Toronto to Iowa with Charlie DeTar, 2006
- SLC to Sacramento with Meara McClenahan, 2006
- Portland to Davis with Darin Wick, 2011
- North Bay to Sacramento & back, then up to Portland, all with Darin Wick, 2018
- Salt Harvest: Portland to Whalen Island County Campground and back, with Darin Wick 2019
- Bike move: Portland to Ferndale with Darin Wick. Was supposed to be to Santa Rosa, but we got cut off in all directions by the annual literal apocalypse (see definition 3). 2020
Rides in motor vehicles since June 2018
- 2018 - Ferry, to get across the SF Bay
- 2018 - Aerial tram, to get to work once or twice
- 2019 - Elevator when being escorted to a study (got paid $40 to learn I have a high pain tolerance)
- 2020 - Used the elevator daily to move a cart at work for about a month
- 2020 - Elevator in a skyscraper that didn't seem to have stairs
- 2020 - Bike move got cut off in all directions (except back the way we came) by California's annual apocalypse. Darin's father picked us up with his pickup truck.
- Lightning Thunderbolt (2005~2008) - recumbent bike
- Lightning Phantom (~2009-2012) - recumbent bike
- Burley Taiko (2013-2019) - recumbent bike
- Volae Expedition Pro (2020) - recumbent bike
- Vision R82 (2018-2020 shared custody) - recumbent tandem bike
- Flevotrike (2015-present shared custody) - moving bottom bracket recumbent trike
- Bikes at Work 96A Bicycle Trailer (2015-present shared custody) - utility trailer
- Not listed: various Burley-type trailers.
My friends on the wiki (add yourself!)
Tell me about your bike collective! And/or your experience with bikes! --Angel York (talk) 16:35, 8 March 2016 (PST)